Casual-relief tenant support worker: Willowbridge transitional housing
CMHA Kelowna exists to promote the mental health of all and support the resilience and recovery of people who experience mental illness through education, advocacy, research and direct service.
The purpose of the Tenant Support Worker is to provide assistance, support and basic life-skills training to Program Participants of the Willowbridge Transitional Housing Program. The Tenant Support Worker will ensure the safety and security of the Program Participants and their living environment, while encouraging independence, self-responsibility and the healthiest lifestyle possible.
To provide effective, high quality housing-related support to individuals with a diverse range of individual abilities and goals. As part of the Willowbridge Team, the Tenant Support Worker provides daily living support, based on CMHA frameworks for support.
- Ensure Community Contributions are completed by Program Participants.
- Ensure Program Participants are able to maintain good personal hygiene, including instructing clients on how to use on-site laundry facilities and how to maintain their suites.
- Observe and report any changes in behaviour to appropriate members of the Willowbridge team.
- Develop and facilitate life-skills activities for participants; teaching skills as required, and building bridges to other CMHA programming and community activities.
- Provide safe, friendly encouragement to Program Participants; model communication skills, boundaries and healthy living choices.
- Report any building maintenance issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Record observations for communication to other staff.
- Maintain inventory and submit supply requisition as required.
- Maintain Program Participant files.
Reports to the Willowbridge Operations Coordinator.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in human or social services would be an asset.
- Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- First-Aid Certification
- Crisis Intervention Skills Training would be an asset.
- Food Safe Certification would be an asset.
- Understanding of the impacts of addiction, mental health, homelessness and poverty.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and maintain client/worker boundaries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and community professionals.
- Exhibit high degree of empathy.
- Demonstrated diverse life experience.
- Physical/mental ability to perform the duties of the position.
HOURS: Must be available to take a variety of shifts, including day, evening, weekend, and holidays
SALARY RANGE: $16.00 – $18.00/hour
To apply, please submit your application to:
Willowbridge Operations Coordinator