Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We are experiencing significant growth and have an immediate need for an experienced Bookkeeper to work full time on a temporary basis for one year. In this role, you will be responsible for providing full-cycle bookkeeping including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, posting to general ledger, bank statements, reconciliations, generating cheques, cash management, and monthly reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Excellent proficiency in Sage Simply Accounting software and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to accounting and payroll
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
If you are looking to make a difference in our community and have a level of experience where you are able to step into a bookkeeping role with minimal training, please forward a cover letter and resume by January 22, 2017 to: Tanja Halsall, Director of People and Culture @ Tanja.Halsall@cmha.bc.ca
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted