Our Community Navigation and Outreach Services team works with adults aged 19+ in the Central Okanagan who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. We assist individuals to navigate complex social systems with the goal of increasing their quality of life, providing an opportunity to move forward in their lives, and preventing or breaking the cycle of homelessness.
Community Navigation & Outreach Services assist individuals:
- to navigate systems of care such as mental health, addictions counselling and health care
- to develop the skills and connections to find and maintain affordable, safe, and stable housing
- to access eligible income supports (Income Assistance, PWD, PPMB)
- in life-skills development through money management, banking support, grocery shopping, meal preparation and self-advocacy skills
- by investigating and assisting with educational and vocational supports and services
- to access to primary health care providers and support
- by helping people to become involved in leisure, recreational, spiritual, and cultural activities and engage them in the community to develop natural support networks
How do I get more information?
Please contact us at (250) 861-3644 or by email.