JUMP TO SECTION: CMHA Kelowna | Foundry Kelowna | CMHA BC Division |
By CMHA Kelowna Staff (Last updated: May 29, 2020 at 11:50am PT)
Like you, we are adapting to this continually evolving situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19. As always, we remain committed to the health and safety of those who use our services, our staff and our volunteers.
Now more than ever, staying connected to each other is important for our mental health and well-being. We can all work together to continue to find new ways to help build connection with those closest to you and the community as a whole. #CreatingConnection – for you, for all of us. For our mental health.
At CMHA Kelowna we are working hard at creating innovative ways to be there for anyone who needs help and support right now. Below you will find the latest information on all of our CMHA Kelowna programs and services and how we are connecting with those that need help and support.
CMHA Kelowna (504 Sutherland Ave.)
Our main office is open for phone (250-861-3644) or email (email@example.com) inquiries Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
WELLNESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (WDC)
Join our Wellness Team for opportunities to stay connected!
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday noon-2pm – Share in positive stories, light conversation, and some good fun in an open, relaxed, and welcoming setting – online or over the phone!
Wednesday 11am – Virtual Yoga Class
Thursday 11am – Virtual Art Class
Ways to join in:
- Online: open your web browser and go to zoom.us. Along the top of that web page, click the link called “join a meeting”. Enter the meeting ID then follow the instructions to install Zoom app. If you have downloaded Zoom app already (computer, mobile), just open that app and join meeting with ID and password: Zoom meeting ID: 2508613644 | Zoom password: 2508613644
- By phone: 1-778-907-2071 (enter meeting ID, #, then the password when prompted)
Our fantastic food preparation team of Mandy and Patricia is busy making meals for our housing residents and WDC participants. We are also collaborating with local chefs Ross Derrick and Adam Relvas to provide nutritious and hearty meals to our community’s vulnerable population. We are so happy that we are able to prepare and deliver thousands of meals each week to those in our community who are in need – all while playing a small part in supporting the local business community.
Peer Support is providing support online and over the phone: Monday 1:00pm-3:00pm & Wednesday 4:00pm-6:00pm. If you have questions about our Peer Support Program you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery College is providing several sessions through our Coping with Current Events series of free webinars. Click each link to find out more information and to register.
- Managing Anxiety and Stress
- A Parent, Family and Caregiver Toolkit
- Anxiety and Stress Busters for Youth
- Managing Unhealthy Coping Strategies
- Navigating Anger and Frustration
Thoughtfull is hosting Returning to the Workplace: Considerations for Supporting Staff Mental Health a free webinar for employers, managers, and supervisors to help you support your employees in this transition:
- Returning to the Workplace (Thursday, June 4 at 12pm PT)
- Returning to the Workplace (Wednesday, June 10 at 1pm PT)
- Returning to the Workplace (Tuesday, June 14 at 1pm PT)
The team is also converting many of their other workshops into e-learning opportunities and can consult on mental health strategies in the short- and long-term. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Foundry Kelowna (101- 1815 Kirschner Rd.)
Foundry Kelowna is offering appointments virtually or over the phone for mental health services and primary care at Foundry Kelowna. By using readily available technology we are able to provide primary care appointments with our Nurse Practitioner as well as first-time and follow-up mental health counselling sessions. We will work with anyone who has a barrier to accessing a device or online connection to ensure they can get the help they need.
NOTE: We are happy to announce that Foundry Kelowna is now open for in-person appointments.
- Sundaes on Thursdays (Thursdays 3:30-4:30pm PT)– An hour to connect with peers, learn and share about helpful topics to improve your health. Join us virtually from the comfort of your own home for a casual and fun interaction with other youth.
- Gentle Yoga (Thursdays at 1pm PT)– Join Caroldean Jude, yoga teacher at Foundry since January 2018, for this gentle, all levels live class (for youth aged 12-24) and practice in your home!
- TransMission (Last Monday of every month at 7pm PT, starting May 25)– Open to all youth (ages 12-24) in the Kelowna area who identify as trans, nonbinary, or gender fluid.
- What Really Works? (A Mental Health Podcast for Young People)– In “What Really Works?” hosts Beki and Olivia talk all about mental health and how each of us can support our well-being in a down-to-earth and practical way. They remove the ‘clinical’ jargon and just chat honestly about our experiences and what they’ve found to work.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Foundry Kelowna does not provide emergency or crisis services. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or a medical emergency, please call 911, or go to the ER.
CMHA British Columbia Division (Tools & Tips)
In this spirit of resilience, the Canadian Mental Health Association across BC is proud to offer expanded supports during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis with generous funding from the Province of B.C.