Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) May 29 & 30
May 29 @ 9:00 am - May 30 @ 4:30 pm$299.25
Note: May 29 & 30, 9:00am to 4:30pm each day – Both days required for certification
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop that teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—anyone 16 or older can learn and use the ASIST model. To learn more, read below or visit the LivingWorks website.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Course fees & administration:
- Individual: $299.25 including materials and GST. Subsidized rate may be available for students and non-profit volunteers or staff, contact us for details.
- Space is limited. Please register by May 24, 2019
- Location: Kelowna. Exact address to be confirmed. Registrants will be notified.
- Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the course date to receive a refund. Send us an email if you need to withdraw from the course.