- This event has passed.
Coping with Current Events: Managing Anxiety and Stress
April 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
**Multiple dates added**
COVID-19 is on many of our minds. With there being so much talk about the current events, for some of us, it has understandably increased our anxiety and stress. Our Coping with Current Events series hopes to bring together the community during a time of unknown, to learn and support ourselves and others.
Our online Coping with Current Events: Managing Anxiety and Stress will discuss the impact of the current events on our well-being, what we can do to feel a little more in control, and some options to help manage our feelings of anxiety and stress. Managing your stress and well-being during this time is as important as managing your physical health.
Our goal is for you to leave this online session with at least one tool or piece of knowledge that you can implement right now to “reduce that squeeze” we all feel.
There are multiple dates for this session which will be hosted online. In order to join one access to the internet or phone is needed. Instructions on how you can join will be sent once registration is completed.
What to expect:
- Online community session
- 1 session, 1hr 30 minutes long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Opportunities for discussion
- Resource package sent to your email before the session begins
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- No prior knowledge needed
- Understand the difference between stress and anxiety, and how we recognize what we’re feeling and why these emotions may have increased with the current events.
- Acknowledge what is in our control and learn strategies to accept what is not.
- Discover different tools and strategies that can help us manage anxiety and stress during uncertain times, including self-care, boundaries, setting limits, physical health and the small things that make a difference.
- Discuss how we can maintain community in a time of stress and suggested isolation.