WHO IS AN EVENTS & ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR?
Simply put…an organizational beast who can take our Kelowna Signature and Community Partner events from a generic event into an ‘experience’. We are searching for someone who eats checklists for breakfast and looks for any opportunity to streamline processes and bring a sparkle to those oh-so exciting spreadsheets, databases and CRM programs. You have a gift with communicating and making a meaningful connection with everyone you meet. Challenges get you revved up and your ability to slay the words, “I don’t know and no”…is second nature. That is who you are…and we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT DOES AN EVENTS & ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR DO?
- You plan, coordinate, manage and execute, execute…EXECUTE, CMHA Kelowna signature fundraising events: The Payton & Dillon Budd Memorial Ride and the Mentally Healthy Workplace Awards.
- You are the main contact for stakeholders to assist in the planning, coordination and execution of community partner fundraising events.
- Lead the charge with the planning, coordination and execution of other CMHA Kelowna fundraising, informational and awareness events. There are LOTS and they are AWESOME.
- Your ability to cultivate and expand event sponsorship development and fulfillment… is just what you ‘do’.
- Ensuring that events go beyond the expectation of good, that they impeccable and making sure that when we say ‘high level of detail’, for you this means that every piece of glitter has its place.
- You have the passion – making sure that CMHA Kelowna’s brand is well represented, so when our events are out in our community, everyone knows our name as well as our Vision & Mission.
- You are the Gatekeeper, responsible for the management of all event related activities including budget, logistics, wrap-up and reporting to facilitate organizational review.
- Taking the coordination of the event publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution, to a level that we didn’t even know existed.
- You will also work with the Fund Development & Engagement team to steward key stakeholders, sponsors and volunteers, creating a network of people who have the same passion and commitment as you do.
- Your entrepreneurial drive will align nicely when you work with the Fund Development team to cultivate new community partner event opportunities.
- You will perform other duties as required” …translation: strap in and get ready, we turn on a dime and take on tasks big and small, getting the job done. Game. On.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- You have previous experience coordinating events for non-profit organizations.
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail…does not even scratch the surface of who you are.
- Your ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines is outstanding.
- Herculean ability to problem solve.
- High level of forethought to anticipate and plan for event needs…and head off catastrophes in a single bound.
- Your ability to take initiative and be resourceful has earned you survival badges
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills; outgoing and comfortable with people, even when your cape gets caught in a door, you have the skills to brush it off as though it was part of your plan.
- Your drive to not only lead volunteers, but walk alongside and share in the event, is your superpower.
IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF…
- You have Salesforce experience.
- Undergraduate qualifications in Event Management
- You have experience managing business or non-profit social media profiles
WHO IS CHMA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive salary
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- RRSP matching program
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: John West HR Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.