Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We are experiencing significant growth, and are seeking an energetic Fund Development and Executive Assistant to support our Fund Development Manager, Director of Service Delivery and Executive Director on a full time basis. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for supporting fund development objectives by maintaining our primary database, tracking donations, writing thank you letters, and working behind the scenes to make sure that our donors and community/corporate supporters have an excellent experience with our agency. You will also support the work of CMHA by researching, writing and reporting on corporate and foundation grants. Other components of this role will involve executive level administrative support, including; scheduling meetings, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and preparing correspondence. A customer service approach, a positive “make it happen” disposition and the ability to take ownership will result in success in this role.
As the ideal candidate, you have a passion for philanthropy, exceptional administration and computer software skills, the ability to manage competing priorities and thrive in working in a dynamic, team focused, changing environment. We are open to applications from individuals hoping to kick-start a career in the non-profit sector as you will have the chance to work behind the scenes with our agency.
- Diploma or degree in related discipline (Communications, Business Admin, Management or related field);
- Experience in related field preferred;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel: knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems is an asset;
- Exceptional administration abilities including database management;
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner with the general public including people experiencing mental illness and their family members, funders, volunteers, staff and other community partners;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to complete work in a priority order, meeting a high degree of professionalism and quality;
- Highly resourceful and excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high performing team and a passion for enabling success by providing exceptional support;
- Previous experience in a charitable environment is an asset but not required.
To apply for this exciting new position, please forward a cover letter and resume by June 18th, 2018 to: John West, Human Resources Coordinator @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.