CMHA Kelowna is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on people like you to help us to develop our vision and provide services to our community. We provide a place for people to contribute to something meaningful, follow their passion, build skills and friendships.
Our Help, Housing & Hope initiatives were supported by 420 of volunteers who gave almost 8,000 hours this last year. That’s the equivalent of over 4 full time employees.
Whether serving as board members, knowledge philanthropists, event planners, group facilitators, or fundraising in the community at events, volunteers are the life-blood of our organization and they make it possible for us to be sustainable and relevant in our community.
Share your skills
Volunteer Positions Available:
Peer Support Services
We are looking for positive and respectful individuals to model wellness and support people experiencing mental illness one-to-one in community and/or in a group setting at CMHA Kelowna. Peer support services help to reduce isolation and can increase feelings of self-esteem, confidence, acceptance and belonging.
• Personal lived experience with mental illness
• A doctor or mental health professional’s recommendation
• Willingness to undergo an interview and ongoing training process
• Committing to ideally 2-3 hours of volunteering per week for a minimum of one year
• A criminal record check before becoming a Peer Mentor
• Own transportation or access to public transportation
Contact CMHA Kelowna at email@example.com via attention: Vashti for an application package.
Do you love to cook and like to teach others? Willowbridge is a supported, transitional housing project for individuals who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. Every Sunday, the residents prepare brunch from 10 am-12 pm and we are looking for a volunteer to help cook and teach participants basic cooking skills. If you want to help people at risk, enjoy cooking and can commit to 2 Sundays per month from 10-12 pm, this position might be a good fit for you.
Special Event Volunteers help make our events and mental health promotion activities a reality.
- Supporting signature events, such as the Mental Health Voices Awards Breakfast
- Helping out at other fundraisers, such as golf tournaments and hockey games
Join our Board
Join our Board CMHA recruits new board members annually just prior to the AGM held in June. We welcome applications from individuals with skills in:
- Property management
- Community development