Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We are experiencing significant growth, and are seeking a qualified, experienced, and passionate Case Manager to join our Homelessness Services team to help individuals experiencing homelessness in our community to find and maintain safe and secure housing. Working from a rapid re-housing framework, the Case Manager will assess individual needs, and work in collaboration with program participants to develop an individualized service plan, connect them to necessary community resources, and support them in developing meaningful community connections and support recovery.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skill in supporting individuals experiencing homelessness and a proven track record in providing quality, evidence-based services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Services or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of health and social service systems with understanding of the complexity of the income assistance system.
- Demonstrated experience working with people experiencing homelessness, including those with serious mental illness and/or addictions and complex health and social issues
- Demonstrated experience providing mediation/conflict resolution
- Demonstrated negotiation/communication skills
- An ability to manage a flexible work schedule
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle for business purposes and acquire liability insurance
- Current first aid certification
To apply for this exciting new position, please forward a cover letter and resume by February 15, 2018 to: John West, Human Resources Coordinator @ email@example.com
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.