Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We’re seeking an IT & Database Development Intern to join our team. This is a temporary full-time position offering 33-37.5 hours per week.
Note: a portion of this position is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth Program. The successful applicant must meet the criteria required for this funding (see below).
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across departments to understand their database and training needs;
- Discover opportunities to improve and streamline workflow across departments;
- Research and make recommendations regarding cloud-based learning management systems (e.g. apps on SalesForce AppExchange);
- Work with subject matter experts, team leads, and Manager of Learning and Development to pilot training products, human resources information systems, and learning management systems internally (e.g. occupational health and safety training);
- Utilize appropriate evaluation tools and processes, developing them if necessary;
- Explore e-learning platforms and make recommendations on use or best features;
- Organize learning materials;
- Work with marketing team to ensure all materials align with branding standards;
- Provide server and other database support as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High degree of mastery in customer relationship management platforms, particularly SalesForce;
- Experience implementing new databases and platforms across large or complex teams;
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (completed or ongoing) related to technology (knowledge of instructional design and/or e-learning an asset);
- Enjoy teaching and simplifying complex, technical processes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer focus;
- High degree of organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and competent in other Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs an asset;
- Working knowledge of video editing software an asset;
- Experience with production pipelines, and/or project management an asset.
To qualify for the funding, Interns must meet all of the following:
- Be less than 30 years of age at the start of the internship;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Canadian citizen, permanent Resident or person who has been granted refugee status;
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance during their internship; and
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employment.
The successful applicant is also eligible for a digital up-skilling bursary from the Digital Skills for Youth Program.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by October 16th, 2019 to John West, Human Resources Coordinator; email@example.com
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.