The Canadian Mental Health Association is one of seven organizations involved in BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information. Other partners are Anxiety BC; the British Columbia Schizophrenia Society; the University of Victoria Canadian, Institute for Substance Use Research; Family Smart; Jessie’s Legacy; and the Mood Disorders Association of Canada. Together we support the Here To Help Project, which includes information about different mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses are health problems that affect the mind—your thoughts, your emotions, your behaviours. There are many different mental illnesses, and they affect people in different ways.
For more information about specific mental health issues and illnesses, click on the links below.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Youth
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Coping with Mental Health Crises and Emergencies
- Eating Disorders
- Evaluating Mental Health and Substance Use Information
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Getting Help for Mental Illnesses
- Mental Illnesses in Children and Youth
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Supporting a Friend or Family Member
- Youth and Self-Injury