Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Our success stories are countless, but there is still work to do. This is where you come in…
We are looking for a Manager of Homelessness Services, Supportive Housing, and Wellness Programs to provide progressive clinical leadership, practice support, and operational oversight to CMHA Kelowna program staff across various program teams. Under the direction of the Director of Service Delivery and Program Innovation, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, interpreting and/or implementing all organizational regulations, policies, and procedures as they apply to CMHA programs in the following areas:
- Homelessness Services: Housing First and Community Navigation Services (Homeless Outreach and Prevention Programs)
- Housing Programs, including Willowbridge, Scattered-Site Housing and Rosemead apartments
- Wellness Programs, including the Wellness Development Centre and Peer Support
- Leads the development of best and evidence based practice across teams;
- Delivers practice training across the organization;
- Supports Team Leaders and front line staff by planning and facilitating one on one and group supervision meetings as well as client/staff observations and case conferences;
- Utilizes a proactive approach to provide practice and clinical consultation to all teams;
- Assists staff to develop professional development goals through ongoing supervision;
- Recommends further training for staff in areas across the organization in line with identified best practice;
- Ensures that program documentation is maintained in accordance with the policies and procedures of CMHA Kelowna, including regular file audits;
- Maintains appropriate record-keeping/documentation, statistical, and outcome measurement data as required by CMHA Kelowna and funders;
- Participates in agency and community committees, organizational projects and workgroups as required;
- Works effectively and collaboratively with CMHA Kelowna Leadership and other program teams, internal and external to CMHA Kelowna;
- Provides on-call support as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Social /Services, preferably at the graduate level;
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in non-profit sector;
- Minimum 3-5 years of community support experience and/or front line experience;
- Solid understanding of current best and evidence base practices in, and direct experience with homelessness services and supportive housing;
- Applied knowledge and practical experience in the delivery of Housing First programs;
- Significant experience working with persons with mental illness and substance use issues;
- Strong understanding of and working with Evidence Based Practices;
- Strong understanding of the Recovery Model;
- Strong planning and project management skills with proven ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of client records and documentation practices;
- Knowledge of community resources and service delivery systems in the Central Okanagan;
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance;
- Current first aid/ CPR certification;
- Skilled at creating a high performing team environment;
- Ability to coach and inspire in a positive and collaborative manner;
- A record of superior performance, through personal effort, persistence, and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship development skills;
- Effective decision making and critical thinking skills
- A satisfactory Criminal Records and background checks.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume by August 8, 2017 to: Tanja Halsall, Director of People and Community Engagement; Tanja.Halsall@cmha.bc.ca
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.