Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We are experiencing significant growth, and are seeking a qualified, experienced, and passionate Finance Coordinator to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Coordinator will assist in the financial planning process, generate various financial reports, conduct associated financial analysis, and ensure timely completion of bank reconciliations. The Coordinator will also take a lead on processing and reconciling payroll for the organization. Working closely with the Finance Administrator, the Coordinator will also be involved in processes such as: accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and posting to general ledger.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skill in financial analysis, budgeting, payroll and reporting. They will also have proven attention to detail, adaptability and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Accounting Certificate
- Recent, related experience of five years or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work
- Proficiency in Sage Simply Accounting software and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to accounting and payroll
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations
- Business writing skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
To apply for this exciting new position, please forward a cover letter and resume by September 17th, 2018 to: John West, Human Resources Coordinator @ email@example.com
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.