WHO IS A FUND DEVELOPMENT & ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST?
This person is a unicorn. They balance their innate altruistic side with their bold business sense. Their huge heart, socially conscious passion and their ability to be more than a fundraiser; but rather, a relationship builder and key collaborator, is in their DNA. Bringing a new level of awareness & engagement in our community through CHMA’s Mission & Vision is at the forefront of all that they do. Through their extraordinary efforts, they are making an impact beyond dollars, they are filling their cup and giving back…every…single day. An exceptional communicator, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to take us to heights we didn’t even know existed. That is who this unicorn is…and we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT DOES A FUND DEVELOPMENT & ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST DO?
- You would work in collaboration with the Fund Development & Engagement team to establish goals and achieve fundraising revenue success.
- Develop and implement activities that facilitate the thoughtful stewardship of current donors…aka, our superheroes.
- You have a keen ability through networking and relationship building to identify prospective donors, including corporate sponsors, who have the capacity and potential to provide mid-level and major gifts.
- You will work with the Fund Development & Engagement team to execute ongoing donor cultivation, engagement and stewardship activities.
- Ensure coordination of strategic multi-channel approaches in cooperation with the Fund Development & Engagement team.
- Identify unique ways to connect donors and the broader community with CMHA Kelowna including our programs, services, special events and awareness activities.
- Work across all aspects of the organization to foster and build internal engagement and identify opportunities for collaboration and cross-pollination.
- You have a cape…and you are the communications liaison to the Management team in order to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance to individual donors and prospects.
- You understand the importance of acknowledging and recognizing our superheroes/donors in a lightning speed time frame, yet in a thoughtful and meaningful way.
- Track donor relations and stewardship activities in appropriate database.
- You will perform other duties “as required” …translation: strap in and get ready, we turn on a dime and take on tasks big and small, getting the job done. Game. On.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in fund development.
- History of cultivating, growing and maintaining stakeholder & donor relationships.
- Significant understanding of fundraising principles.
- High level of ability to work proactively and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Strong experience working within a CRM or donor database.
- Goal driven and internally motivated.
- High level of attention to detail and data integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Rock solid ability to initiate and develop productive relationships and interact graciously with a wide variety of individuals.
- Familiarity and experience working with CRA and understanding charitable rules associated with CRA, as well as Imagine Canada standards and BC Gaming Commission regulations.
IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF…
- You have Salesforce experience.
- You not only know what CFRE accreditation is…but are working towards obtaining it…or better yet… you have it.
WHO IS CHMA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive salary
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- RRSP matching program
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and the opportunity to explore and grow in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: John West – HR Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.