Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance at Willowbridge Transitional Housing. The Maintenance Manager performs or assists in a variety of semi-skilled and manual tasks in building and grounds maintenance.
- Monitors, and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment, and grounds. Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security, and fire regulations and policies. Makes recommendations for major repairs and purchases to Supervisor;
- Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets, and applying finishing material such as linoleum;
- Monitors work performed by contractors, prepares estimates of labor and material costs, contacts external contractors and tradespeople to obtain quotes, and arranges for major repairs and maintenance work;
- Collects and removes garbage and recyclable materials, and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste;
- Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks, and parking lots using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels, and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow, and other refuse. Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning, and watering;
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as maintenance logs and security incident reports;
- Transports equipment, furniture, and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Arranges furniture for special events;
- Monitors maintenance and housekeeping supplies. Places purchase orders with external suppliers, receives supplies, checks invoices against orders and goods received, stores and distributes supplies, and contacts suppliers to obtain and provide general information;
- Provides clients with basic information related to the building. Explains clients’ responsibilities for duty assignments, provides direction, and monitors and assists clients with chores;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12;
- Class V BC Driver’s License;
- Provide Drivers Abstract & Driving History (ICBC);
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid;
- Recent, related experience of two years;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to deal with others effectively;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume by December 14th, 2018 to Lisa Fletcher – Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.