Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
Are you a Digital Communications Specialist who LOVES creating amazing graphics, savvy on social media and a compelling communicator…fantastic, you are who we are looking for to join our team. This rock star would be making an impact at CMHA 37.5 hours per week and reporting to the Communications Manager.
- Plan and execute digital communications campaigns that align with CMHA Kelowna’s Communications Strategy and position CMHA Kelowna and Foundry Kelowna as informed sources for mental health;
- Coordinate and manage all organizational social media accounts through consistent and compelling messaging;
- Strengthen relationships through social media with community partners, donors, volunteers etc;
- Produce and/or assist with the development of publications and other printed materials, either in-house or through coordination with external contractors;
- Manage newsletter lists, segmented email campaigns, draft campaign content;
- Ensure content is consistent and compelling across delivery streams
- Monitor and report on email and social media analytics in order to influence and develop our content strategies;
- Research and make recommendations regarding trends and best practices for engagement in digital communications;
- Stay current on topical information relevant to CMHA Kelowna’s mission;
- Update content on websites as needed/required;
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (completed or ongoing) or minimum 2 years’ experience in communications and/or marketing role;
- Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Experience working in customer relationship management platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer focus;
- High degree of organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve
- Working knowledge of video editing software an asset;
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve problems
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by November 15th, 2019 to Lisa Fletcher, Human Resources Manager; email@example.com
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.