Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Our success stories are countless, but there is still work to do. This is where you come in…
We are seeking a qualified, experienced and passionate Access Clinician to join our team at Foundry Kelowna. The successful candidate work within a multidisciplinary team providing early intervention support to young people aged 12-24 years. This position will deliver evidence-based short-term interventions, including undertaking mental health assessments and supporting the development of care plans in conjunction with the young person and identified family, friends and other professionals. This is a full-time position (35 hours per week), which may require afternoon and evening work.
This work will be supported by a suite of Foundry services which includes primary care, mental health and substance use supports, an array of social services, and youth and family peer support and navigation. The Mental Health Brief Intervention Clinician will work closely with Access Clinicians, Foundry Clinical Lead, Foundry Centre Lead, and other staff to establish an organizational culture that is responsive and focused on positive outcomes for young people. This position will also have a role in ongoing Foundry service development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified in Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Sciences/Services.
- Hold a Registration with a professional association, and current First Aid certificate.
- 2-5 years of direct clinical experience working with youth and young adults, with proven skills in assessment and treatment of youth and young adults 12-24 with mental health concerns.
- Teamwork – Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Collaborates and shares information, showing consideration, concern, and respect for others. Accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others and encourages resolution of conflict within the group.
- Participant Focus – Listens to clients and actively seeks to meet their needs. Seeks ways to improve services. Committed to delivering high quality outcomes for clients.
- A thorough understanding of the mental health and broader service systems
- Experience in service improvement/development activities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and some ambiguity
- Interest in and ability to mentor students as a practicum advisor
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by April 26, 2019 to: John West, Human Resources Coordinator; firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.