For more than 15 years the Wellness Grants Committee (WGC) has been assisting people experiencing mental health issues and their families by providing them an opportunity to participate in activities in the community that support their recovery and wellness and improve quality of life.
For example, the Committee has provided Wellness Grants for:
- Fitness – gym passes, Tai-chi & karate classes
- Arts & Crafts – pottery courses, music lessons
- Education – Food Safe Certificate, First Aid Certificate, college courses
- Families – funding for summer camps, swimming lessons
The WGC includes dedicated volunteers with lived experience, family members, as well as CMHA and IHA advisors who oversee the disbursement of Wellness Grants funding and provide positive support to applicants. The Wellness Grants Coach is responsible for managing and overseeing the administration of funding, as well as providing one-to-one support when needed.
How do I apply?
1. Download our application form or pick one up at the front desk (504 Sutherland Ave).
2. Complete the form and submit to reception by fax, mail or in person. Note: Applications without invoices may not be eligible for consideration.
3. Once your application has been reviewed and an appointment becomes available, you will be contacted by the Wellness Grants Coach.
The WGC considers all grant requests that fall within the guidelines described on the application form. In general, Wellness Grants will be reviewed within 1-3 months of the date of submission.
How do I get more information?
Please contact us as (250) 861-3644 or by email