The Associate Director of Housing & Homelessness Services (ADH&HS) is an integral part of the CMHA Kelowna leadership team helping us to realize our vision of a mentally healthy community by building homes, building lives and building community. We are an innovative, fast moving, pragmatic, compassionate organization, and a leader in the social services sector. Being a part of our team means: you are driven, creative and organized, passionate, and experienced.
The ADH&HS provides overall coordination and leadership to the CMHA Kelowna Housing & Homelessness Services staff and ensures that our programs are person-centered, recovery focused, and that staff are supported to succeed and excel. The Associate Director provides leadership in the development, planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of all programs and services within the Housing & Homelessness Services portfolio. This includes more than 200 units of supportive housing in 5 sites, 1 affordable housing apartment building, and approximately 100 units of affordable housing throughout the community plus an amazing team of individuals who work hard at the front line to make life better for our residents and clients.
We have had a big year of growth and we need a seasoned professional to help make sure the little things are not missed, while keeping a keen on the broader vision to take us to the next level. Are you a master of time management? Can you efficiently assess and address competing priorities? Do you find yourself constantly trying to make things even better? Are you interested in taking something from good to great? Fantastic, we want to hear from you.
The portfolio currently includes:
- Supportive Housing – Willowbridge, Heath House, Gordon Place, Ellis Place (complex care), McCurdy Place (recovery orientation)
- Scattered-Site Housing
- Housing First, Rapid Re-Housing, Homelessness Prevention & Diversion
- Homeless Outreach
- Housing First for Youth (HF4Y) and Benvoulin Youth Housing Project
- Rent Bank
- Leadership – in the planning, organization, and direction of the CMHA Kelowna Housing & Homelessness Services;
- Human Resources/Personnel relations – contribute to the professional development of new and experienced team leaders and staff. Ensure program staff are valued and supported to reach their potential and serve the organizational mission and values;
- Vision – support and promote a dynamic team of staff who provide first class, positive and recovery oriented services and supports where respect, diversity, responsibility and creativity are promoted;
- Evaluation – all program/services and personnel receive regular and consistent evaluation and feedback;
- Community Development – represent the organization and promote community awareness of the services delivered through Housing & Homelessness Services by maintaining positive contact with other groups, services and agencies in the community and province.
- Human Resource Leadership:
- Ensure Operational Policy and Procedure Manuals are up to date and implemented;
- Supervision – ensure regular, documented performance/progress reviews;
- Foster and maintain effective communications, collaboration and support within CMHA Kelowna staff and programs;
- Provide leadership and promote the values of the Association through effective planning, implementation and evaluation of priorities within their area of responsibility;
- Program Management:
- Ensure contracted programs adhere to and exceed the funder’s contracted goals and objectives and report on these as required;
- Evaluation – regular review of program direction, goals and objectives through satisfaction surveys with staff, program participants, family/friends, service providers in the community, funders; file reviews, process reviews;
- Information Management – provide leadership in ensuring consistent processes for collection of information for staff, participant/resident files, information measuring outcomes and expectations;
- Program Development and Coordination:
- In conjunction with the Director of Service Delivery & Program Innovation, develop funding proposals for new programs and services within their area of responsibility consistent with the organizations mission, vision and strategic directions.
- Financial and Budget leadership – support program staff to be aware of program budget, spending and reporting.
- Lead the coordination and integration of services within their respective area of responsibility.
- Community Development:
- Build and expand upon relationships with community agencies, funders, business and the general community to further the work of CMHA Kelowna;
- Create opportunities for collaboration within the community;
- Participate on key committees and working groups as required;
- Establish opportunities for relevant community based research initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (social/human services, management, leadership);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management role, including 3+ years in senior leadership role;
- Direct experience in the housing and homelessness sector, with a well-rounded understanding of current best practices and the evidence base in serving individuals experiencing, or at-risk of, homelessness;
- Experience in non-profit sector an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with general public, program participants, family members, funders, volunteers and other community partners;
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership style;
- Ability to develop and manage budgets within operational parameters;
- This is a management position, overtime may be required;
- Ability to work flexible hours – some evening and weekends may be required;
- Must have own vehicle;
- Some travel required.
- Flexible, adaptable, thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Hungry for growth and challenge to keep you at the top of your game;
- A team player who thrives on contributing to team success;
- Results-driven and self-motivated.
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- RRSP matching program
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Generous sick time
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to John West, Human Resources Coordinator, at [email protected] by April 14th, 2021.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.