The Associate Director of Human Resources at CMHA Kelowna is an integral part of the CMHA Leadership team and the go-to person for all things employee related. But more importantly, you are the one who holds our amazing people and superb workplace culture at the forefront. We are an innovative and fast moving organization. Our organizational culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do, while we manage a multi-site and remote work environment for approximately 160 employees.
Being a part of our team means that you are creative and organized, passionate and experienced. Our Associate Director of Human Resources must be able to “walk the talk.”
The day to day involves managing activities such as full cycle recruitment, employee relations, benefits and compensation, job description design, performance management, coaching and development of the leadership team and … the ever exciting and changing landscape of policy and practice creation and COVID-19 safety mandates.
The Associate Director of Human Resources plays a critical role in CMHA Kelowna’s success. The amazing people that work at CMHA Kelowna are our most important asset and you will ensure that our teams are happy, working in a safe environment and want to be a part of taking our organizational culture to a whole new level.
Does this sound like you? … fantastic; we cannot wait to meet you.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with CMHA Kelowna’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing any issue that requires guidance and coaching
- Oversee and participate in the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of our amazing team
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, policy and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment and be a dynamic culture creator
- Oversee and manage performance improvement process
- Maintain and adjust salary structure throughout the organization
- Ensure legal compliance/Employment Standards/Human Rights throughout human resource management
- Oversee and work alongside the HR Coordinator, providing guidance, support and growth opportunities
- and employee compensation
- Identify employee training, learning and development needs and source or design engaging solutions
- Proven working experience as a HR Manager or other leadership role that has direct Human Resources experience.
- People oriented, culture focused and critical thinker
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems and databases
- Ability to architect HR strategy along with solid leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and relationship building skills
- The ability to foster and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Lead the charge and work alongside the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Occupational Health and Safety Committee on all safety protocols, policies and procedures
- Provide continuous COVID-19 information and direction for each of our locations, maintaining a strict level of compliance
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit workplaces
- Experience with dynamic work environments, including organizations with multiple worksites and hybrid-remote models
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and communication skills, and ability to operate independently
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- CPHR designation, or active candidate preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years proven experience in an HR Manager / Leadership role
- Proven experience leading, managing, and overseeing staff
- Knowledge and experience in the practical implementation of WorkSafeBC and Occupational Health & Safety standards, reporting and claims
- Flexible, adaptable, thrive in a fast paced environment
- Hungry for growth and challenge to keep you at the top of your game
- A team player who thrives on contributing to team success
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 3 weeks of holidays
- Generous sick time
- RRSP Matching Program
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to: John West – Human Resources Coordinator [email protected] by March 09, 2021.
CMHA Kelowna is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of color including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.