CMHA Kelowna is hiring a Cleaning/Maintenance Worker. This position is a full-time, 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 12:30pm – 7:00pm.
WHO IS A CLEANING/MAINTENANCE WORKER?
Cleaning/Maintenance Workers within our organization schedule and perform cleaning duties for the buildings to ensure all location meet cleanliness standards. The majority of this role will be cleaning but you will be required to help our maintenance team when needed.
WHAT DOES A CLEANING/MAINTENANCE WORKER DO?
- Sanitization and sterilization of surfaces, toilets, counters, flooring, and floorboards;
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming;
- Assist with moving furniture, general repairs, applying paint and other finishes
- Cleaning entry ways, sidewalks and ensuring the property is cleaned and well maintained
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience cleaning commercial buildings is considered an asset;
- Willing to help out and learn building maintenance tasks;
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid, and Food Safe are considered an asset;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to operate related equipment such as equipment vacuum, carpet cleaner and small power tools;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. To learn more, check out our website at www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive hourly wage of $21.65/hr – $24.90/hr
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 6% vacation accrual
- Personal Health Days
- A workplace culture that fosters learning, transparency, trust and team work
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator; [email protected]
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.
Leave a Reply