Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
March 30, 2020 @ 9:00 am - March 31, 2020 @ 4:30 pm$299.25
Note: March 30 & 31, 9:00am to 4:30pm each day – Both days required for certification
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop that teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—anyone 16 or older can learn and use the ASIST model.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Course fees & administration:
- Individual: $299.25 includes materials and GST (a rate for non-profit employees and/or students is being offered at $194.25 – proof of employment or enrollment may be required)
- Space is limited. Please register by March 25, 2020.
- Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the course date to receive a refund.
- Light refreshments will be provided in the morning of each day. Lunch is NOT included but participants will have an hour break to get lunch.