Who is the Events & Development Specialist
CMHA Kelowna is hiring an Events & Development Specialist to support CMHA Kelowna’s fundraising and educational initiatives. This is a permanent, full-time position offering 37.5 hours per week
The Events & Development Specialist is positive, proactive and a people engager. You fundamentally believe in mental health for all and you see possibilities everywhere you look. You are the loudest champion for our Signature Events, you lead the partnerships with our Community Partner Events, and you are a visionary when it comes to cultivating opportunities with the business community.
What does an Events & Development Specialist do?
- Foster engaging relationships with the community;
- Identify and develop opportunities that support the success of CMHA Kelowna’s fundraising goals;
- Work with the Fund Development and Communications teams on activities that engage donors and the broader community with CMHA Kelowna’s programs and services;
- Demonstrate added value to donors and community partners by being an expert in all that CMHA Kelowna has to offer, including workplace training and advising;
- Lead the development, execution and wrap-up of CMHA Kelowna Signature Events;
- Support Community Partner Event organizers in the development and successful execution of their fundraiser; and
- Lead and manage volunteers associated with Community Partner Events and CMHA Kelowna’s Signature events.
Your Strengths & Experience
- Demonstrated event management and execution experience;
- Exceptional client and partner stewardship skills
- Strong customer focus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- High degree of organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and make decisions that align with CMHA Kelowna’s strategic direction;
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with members
of your team;
- Impeccable time management;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Experience with Sales Force or similar CRM considered an asset.
Who is CMHA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to mental health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA Kelowna Offers You…
- A competitive wage
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ from our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to John West, HR Coordinator at [email protected]
CMHA Kelowna is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of colour including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.