Who is a Facilities & Maintenance Manager with CMHA Kelowna?
This person will continuously strive to ensure the smooth operation of all of our facilities, creating and maintaining the highest standard of quality and safety for those who live and work in our buildings. This unique Manager will bring CMHA Kelowna facilities and building operations to a level of compliance that we didn’t even know existed, all the while educating, supporting and leading the way for your team. Does this sound like you? Fantastic, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Advise Leadership on all pertinent requirements of legislated and ‘Best Practice’ standards for facilities operations
- Conduct workplace inspections at our CMHA buildings and rental properties, hazard identifications incident/accident investigations and implement subsequent action plans and follow up
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to facilities operations and maintenance staff
- Research & implement a ‘ticketing system’ to manage the assignment of duties to the maintenance team
- Supervise, direct and monitor duties carried out by your team and/or contractors, recommending operational efficiency improvements as appropriate
- Participate in daily maintenance duties as required
- In collaboration with CMHA Kelowna Leadership:
○ Participate in recruitment process; develop site goals/objectives; facilitate employee goal setting; identify training/education requirements; conduct performance reviews
○ Create site policies and procedures
○ Participate in tendering process and negotiation of costs/fees with suppliers/contractors (as required)
○ Determine budgetary requirements and work within those budgets to manage facility operations
- Work with site leads/maintenance on creating preventative maintenance schedules/plans (as required)
- Ensure that staff, contractors, and the physical sites comply with health and safety standards (Worksafe BC), as well as applicable codes/regulations
- Participate in Occupational Health & Safety committee meetings
- Provide continuous COVID-19 information and direction for each building, maintaining a strict level of compliance
- Be proactive, research and make recommendations on new trends and techniques for improving facilities management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Post secondary education completed from a recognized technical school, college or university preferred
- Facility Management/Maintenance and Operations, Project Management, or related field or equivalent experience and education may be considered.
- Must have valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work environments include office, outdoors (in various weather conditions), and indoors at various sites
- Must travel between facilities and other transit locations on a frequent basis
- Required to respond to emergencies during non-traditional work hours
- 5 – 7 years proven experience as facilities / maintenance manager or relevant related experience
- 2 plus years experience leading, managing, and directing staff
- Knowledge and experience in the practical implementation of WorkSafe BC and Occupational Health & Safety standards
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, facilitation, and communication skills, and ability to operate independently
- Demonstrated capacity in prioritizing, planning & organizing teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Flexible, adaptable, thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excited to be in the mix and not just sit behind a desk
- A team player who thrives on contributing to team success
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision Care
- 3 weeks of holidays
- Generous sick time
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume by November 20, 2020 to: John West – Human Resources Coordinator [email protected]
CMHA Kelowna is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of colour including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.