WHO IS A FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR/BOOKKEEPER?
CMHA Kelowna is a large multi-service, non-profit charitable organization with multiple funding streams from government contracts, one-time grants, donations, social enterprise, monthly rent payments and community events. It’s complex and it is interesting. We are an innovative, fast moving, pragmatic and compassionate organization, and a leader in the social services sector. Our mission and values are at the core of what we do and how we do it.
We are looking for a detailed oriented person with a strong understanding of bookkeeping procedures who will manage the day to day tasks of the department and works seamlessly in a team environment. Accuracy and data integrity is your love language. You are responsible for ensuring that the organization has the bookkeeping up to date for budgets, reporting and statutory filings. Your responsibilities include reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts.
You will report directly to the Finance Controller. In addition, you will work closely with the finance team and staff from a variety of departments who need assistance or information that will help them to manage cash and program budgets.
This is a temporary, full-time position helping us until June 2022, with possibility of renewal, where you will play an important role in making the world a better place for vulnerable people.
WHAT DOES A FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR/BOOKEEPER DO?
- Day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Excel/Google Docs – creation, maintenance and support for team
- Maintaining confidentiality and strong office management and internal controls
- Working with the Controller when necessary
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting Certificate is an asset
- Recent, bookkeeping experience of five years or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work
- Advanced knowledge in Sage Simply Accounting software and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to accounting and payroll
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Non-profit experience an asset
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
WHO IS CMHA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy community and are passionate about making a difference by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: www.cmhakelowna.org
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to John West, Human Resources & Employee Experience Coordinator at [email protected] by November 30, 2021.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.