CMHA Kelowna is hiring a full time Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Clinician to join the Foundry Kelowna team. The full-time role is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
WHO IS A MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN?
The Mental Health and Substance Use Clinician provides clinical counseling, assessment and care planning and support to young people that access Foundry Kelowna.
WHAT DOES THE MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN DO?
- The Mental Health and Substance Use Clinical uses a single session approach to support youth through the provision of Solution Focused Brief Therapy;
- The role facilitates access to appropriate services as indicated by assessment and care planning processes;
- Carries a case load to support youth using brief and short term interventions;
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates therapeutic groups;
- Includes direct service to the youth and young adults as well as consultation;
- Support to other professionals, agencies and members of the community engaged in the young person’s care;
- Working with the Foundry Kelowna Centre Lead and Clinical Coordinator, the Clinician will also provide mentoring and support of other Foundry team members;
- Participate in relevant intake service improvement projects such as implementing a stepped care model;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree in Clinical Counseling or Social work;
- Hold a registration with a professional association;
- Current First Aid certification;
- Naloxone training;
- Excellent skills in assessment and treatment of young people with mental health problems;
- An ability to effectively problem solve and negotiate especially with young people in the early stages of seeking help;
- Demonstrated clinical skills in working with young people and their families/caregivers with mental health and substance use concerns in an early intervention framework;
- A thorough understanding of the mental health, substance use and broader service system;
- Demonstrated experience in providing mental health assessments, psycho-education and short term interventions to young people experiencing mental health difficulties;
- Proficient in applying harm reduction approaches to support youth and young adults;
- Experience in service improvement/development activities;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and some ambiguity;
- Interest in and ability to mentor students as a practicum advisor.
WHO IS CMHA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learn and grow in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to Tom Sakamoto, Human Resources and Employee Experience Specialist, at [email protected] by August 15, 2022.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted