Wellness Development Centre
The Wellness Development Centre (WDC) is a place where individuals dealing with mental health issues can come to connect with others, engage in wellness-based activities, learn and improve mental wellness, and contribute to a vibrant community. A referral from a health professional is required to access the WDC. Please save the .pdf file to your computer, fill in your answers, and then email it back to CMHA Kelowna.
Contact us at [email protected] or call 250-861-3644 if you have any questions.
WDC Activities Offered
Many different activities are offered at the WDC to foster recovery, grow community, and build wellness-based skills. The focus is on social connection and belonging, fun and well-being. Check our events calendar for a detailed list of events we are offering!
Activities we are currently offering:
- Yoga: An in-person class lead by a yoga instructor
- Art: A hybrid in-person and online class lead by an art instructor
- Open Studio: Create your own art during open hours
- Socialization: Have a coffee/tea while chatting with others
- Skill-building: Our new skill-building hour will involve discussing a wellness topic and practicing some tools to support ourselves.
- Park days: From June – September join us at one of our park outings!
- Peer Support groups: see below for more information
For a detailed list of events we are offering, click the events calendar button below.
Peer Support Groups
Peer Support aims to break isolation and provide empowerment from people who understand what it’s like to live with mental health challenges.
- Connect people with lived/living experience
- Provides support on the journey towards recovery
- Offers both group and one-to-one mentorship opportunities
CMHA Kelowna recruits and trains new volunteer peer supporters approximately once per year.
CMHA Kelowna gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia for our Wellness Programs.