WHO IS THE DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST?
The CMHA Kelowna Digital Communications Specialist is a storyteller. You are a researcher, a listener, a strategist, and a creative content creator. You take anecdotes and stats and develop compelling stories of who we are and what we do.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL COMMUNCATIONS SPECIALIST DO?
As the Digital Communications Specialist you are responsible for amplifying CMHA Kelowna’s mission, vision, and values, internally and externally, through various channels. Reporting to the Associate Director, Community Engagement you will work together to form the strategic communications plan and implement the campaigns and activities that promote CMHA Kelowna’s programs and services. You are a strong believer that internal engagement is the key to a positive workplace culture. You’ll use frequent and creative communications tactics to keep 160+ employees across 7 sites updated and connected with all CMHA Kelowna happenings. This positions is full – time, 37.5 hours per week.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the entire Community Engagement team to develop a communications strategy that position CMHA Kelowna and Foundry Kelowna as informed and accessible mental health resources;
- Plan and implement digital communications campaigns that support the overall communications strategy for internal and external audiences;
- Identify and create content by developing strong relationships with program leads and individuals who access CMHA Kelowna and Foundry Kelowna services;
- Strengthen relationships with community fundraisers, donors, volunteers, and staff using various communication channels;
- Collaborate with the Fund Development team to develop and execute inspiring fundraising campaigns;
- Manage all organizational social media accounts through a consistent and compelling voice;
- Monitor and report on email and social media analytics in order to influence and fine-tune our communication strategies;
- Research and make recommendations on trends and best practices for internal and external engagement through digital communications;
- Produce and/or assist with the development of publications and other printed materials, either in-house or through coordination with external contractors;
- Create and edit a variety of content in support of internal communications initiatives;
- Stay current on topical information relevant to CMHA Kelowna’s mission; and
- Manage and update content on websites.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or minimum 2 years’ experience in communications and/or marketing role;
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud or similar graphic creation applications;
- Excellent writer;
- Proficient in WordPress;
- Proactive & collaborative;
- Open communicator;
- Strong customer focus;
- High degree of organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and but also love the collaborative team approach;
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve
IT IS A BONUS IF…
- You have experience working in Sales Force or other CRM platforms.
- You have at least a working knowledge of video editing software.
- You have prior experience working in a non-profit environment.
This position description reflects the general duties of the position, but is not intended to be a detailed description of all duties related to this position.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative, and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision and is passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive salary
- A flexible, hybrid remote work environment
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- RRSP matching program
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and the opportunity to explore and grow in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.