WHO IS A HUMAN RESOURCES & EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE MANAGER?
The Human Resources & Employee Experience Manager at CMHA Kelowna is an integral part our Leadership team and the go-to person for all things employee related. You are responsible for planning, developing, designing and implementing a range of programs and processes related to recruitment, retention and total rewards for all employees and volunteers at CMHA Kelowna. The incumbent will leverage their knowledge of strategic workforce planning to elevate our recruitment and sourcing initiatives to attract talent, create an exceptional candidate experience, and build a sustainable talent pipeline.
Who is CMHA Kelowna? We are an innovative, fast moving, pragmatic and compassionate organization, and a leader in the social services sector. Our organizational culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do, while we manage a multi-site and hybrid remote work environment for approximately 160 diverse employees and many incredible volunteers. Being a part of our team means you are driven, creative and organized, passionate and experienced. Human Resources & Employee Experience Manager must be able to “walk the talk” and set the example as a leader of a mentally healthy workplace particularly while navigating fluctuations in the labour market and responses to the global pandemic.
The Human Resources & Employee Experience team plays a critical role in CMHA Kelowna’s success. The amazing people who work at CMHA Kelowna are our most important asset. Our HR & EE Manager will have the privilege to be a key part of ensuring our teams are productive, connected, work in a healthy and safe environment, and proud of what they are doing.
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES & EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE MANAGER DO?
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with CMHA Kelowna’s Mission, Vision and Values that promote equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing any issue that requires guidance and coaching
- Oversee and participate in the recruitment and selection process for all positions in the organization
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of our amazing team
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, policy and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment for the HR team and be a dynamic culture creator
- Oversee and manage performance improvement processes
- Maintain and advance our compensation program so that it reflects an organization grounded in supporting the psychological health and safety of our teams.
- Ensure legal compliance/Employment Standards/Human Rights throughout human resource management
- Identify employee training, learning and development needs and source, design and implement engaging solutions
REQUIREMENTS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Proven working experience as a HR Manager or other leadership role that has direct Human Resources experience.
- People oriented, culture focused and critical thinker
- Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems and databases (Preferably Payworks HRIS)
- Ability to think laterally and strategically. Demonstrated ability to architect an HR strategy, as a component of our overall organizational strategies.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Provide leadership in enhancing and implementing our Occupational Health and Safety protocols, policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide continuous COVID-19 information and direction for each of our locations, maintaining a strict level of compliance
- In-depth knowledge of BC labour and human rights laws and HR best practices
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit/community social service workplaces is an asset
- Experience with dynamic work environments, including organizations with multiple worksites and hybrid-remote models
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and communication skills, and ability to operate independently
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- CPHR designation, or active candidate preferred
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as a Manager / Leader
- Knowledge and experience in the practical implementation of the most current WorkSafeBC and Occupational Health & Safety standards, reporting and claims
- Experience in a hybrid work environment
- Flexible, adaptable, thrive in a fast paced environment
- Hungry for growth and challenge to keep you at the top of your game
- A team player who thrives on contributing to team success
- Results-driven and self-motivated
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 3 weeks of holidays
- Generous sick time allocation
- RRSP Matching Program
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to John West, Human Resources & Employee Experience Coordinator at [email protected] by October 18, 2021 or apply through Indeed here.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.