WHO IS A KITCHEN ASSISTANT?
The primary purpose of this position is to assist our Cook in food preparation for CMHA Kelowna in our Wellness Development Centre, and to interact with and direct community volunteers. The Kitchen Assistant will work with our Cook to ensure the kitchen service is an inviting and safe environment for staff, volunteers, and clients. The Kitchen Assistant will also do kitchen-related tasks such as cleaning and organizing. This role offers 24 hours per week, Tuesday-Thursday.
WHAT DOES A KITCHEN ASSISTANT DO?
- Getting started at 7:30am to start preparations for the fresh lunch served in our Wellness Development Centre;
- Helping serve lunch to the participants;
- Guiding volunteers helping in the kitchen;
- Packaging meals into individual containers for freezing;
- Keeping track of meals made;
- Maintain proper health & safety standards of cleanliness and sanitation;
- Monitor food for freshness and safety and store ingredients properly;
- Other duties as assigned.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year kitchen work experience;
- FOODSAFE certification;
- Experience with and/or understanding of working in a mental health support setting an asset;
- Excellent communication in the kitchen and with our Wellness Coaches;
- A hard worker with proven experience working with teams and volunteers;
- A cheerful and welcoming disposition;
- Ability to cover when Cook is away;
- Flexible schedule;
- Good organization skills;
- Sensitive to participants needs and issues;
- Professionalism, customer focused, and ability to multitask.
WHO IS CHMA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.com/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive salary
- RRSP matching program
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by February 12, 2020 to John West – HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.