The Facilities and Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing leadership and maintenance oversight for multiple CMHA Kelowna facilities. Dedicated to quality, safety, and exceptional internal client service, you will oversee the implementation and management of preventative maintenance programs, oversee and monitor contracts and expenses, as well as develop consistent and cost effective operational policies and practices. With a high-level systems lens, you will create and manage an emergency response plan to ensure that all CMHA Kelowna staff and residents are provided with a safe and secure environment. As a member of the senior management team, you will provide leadership to a small team of three maintenance staff and provide direct supervision to the IT Technician.
With CMHA Kelowna experiencing substantial growth, the successful candidate will lead the way in implementing systems and best practices with respect to operations and maintenance protocols, implementing quality control practices, contract maintenance, inventory and asset management, and ensuring that site teams are complying with all company policies, procedures, and health and safety practices.
- Providing recommendations to improve processes, quality, and operational excellence;
- Creation and/or revision of facility maintenance protocols;
- Supporting the staff with effective problem-solving and resolution of day to day challenges;
- Oversight of the IT function within the agency;
- Builds and strengthens productive, trusting and respectful internal and external relationships;
- Generating contracts and oversight of service providers and contractors;
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies;
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness;
- Inspecting building structures to ensuring that all facilities meet environmental, health and security standards;
- Advising on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness;
- Joint Occupation Health and Safety Leadership
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments;
- Drafting reports and maintaining records;
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of 7 years recent related experience in an operational and/or facilities capacity;
- Relevant post-secondary education;
- Broad knowledge of building and general office services to coordinate and manage related activities;
- Leadership experience creating and implementing operational protocols, quality controls, and metrics;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture;
- Strong people management skills including the ability to effectively lead and manage teams and projects;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- IT knowledge;
- Able to train and model exceptional customer service standards for staff;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Safety focused;
- Familiarity with the role and responsibilities of a charitable society and its Board of Directors;
- A demonstrated interest in the work of non-profit organizations in general and the mental health field in particular;
- Ability to work flexible hours – some evenings and weekends may be required;
- Must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work environments include office, outdoors (in various weather conditions), and indoors at various sites;
- Must travel between facilities and other transit locations on a frequent basis;
- Required to respond to emergencies during non-traditional work hours.
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision Care
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Generous sick time
WHO IS CMHA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to Lisa Blue, HR Manager, at [email protected].
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.