CMHA Kelowna is hiring a full-time Tenant Support Worker (TSW) for our Ellis Place Supportive Housing program. This position is a full-time, 40 hours per week Sunday to Thursday 12:00am to 8:00am.
WHO IS A TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
Tenant Support Workers within our organization provide assistance, support and basic life skills training to housing program residents. Ensuring the safety and security of the Program Participants and their living environment while encouraging independence, self-responsibility and the healthiest lifestyle possible will be critical to success in this role.
WHAT DOES A TENANT SUPPORT WORKER DO?
- Provides feedback and input regarding participants’ needs, performance, and progress;
- Monitors medication to participants and provides medication reminders, in accordance with established policy;
- Participates in and oversees various participant-focused social and recreational activities;
- Identifies available social, economic, recreational, and educational services and resources in the community that will meet participants’ needs. Provides participants with related information;
- Assists participants with activities of daily living;
- Assist participants to sort out options and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance
- Refer participants to other social services or assist clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical and financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation, day care and other services
- Implement life skills workshops, substance abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social services or health care professionals
- Meet with participants to assess their progress, give support and discuss any difficulties or problems
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as statistics, progress reports, and daily logs;
- Receives participant feedback, and inquiries and complaints, and responds as required;
- Perform housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and laundry;
- Performs outdoor residence maintenance as required;
- Provides direction to volunteers/practicum students as required;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 as well as a Diploma in Community Social Service or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work;
- Class V BC Driver’s License;
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid, and Food Safe;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to organize and prioritize;
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in participants;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with participants;
- Ability to instruct;
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- Exceptional conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
WHO IS CMHA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive hourly wage of $ 23.27- $ 26.64/hr
- A work life balance that actually works with you;
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team;
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator; [email protected]
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.