This is a 1 year fixed term, part-time position that offers 2.5 days per week. Working day options are Monday – Wednesday (6hrs each day), or Monday – Thursday (4.5 hours per day).
WHO IS A WELLNESS COACH?
We are looking to identify exceptional candidates for a Wellness Coach position in our Wellness Development Centre to assist program participants in our Wellness Development Centre to develop skills to increase their quality of life. This is accomplished by building on the strengths of the participants through active engagement in person-centered wellness activities.
We are looking to join someone to join our team of Wellness Coaches. This Wellness Coach position will involve leading the ArtWorks Studio as well as either leading the Seniors Wellness Activation Group or Skill-Building Hour depending on the days chosen to work & best fit.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Human Service Worker or Mental Health Worker, Recreation Therapist, Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker Certificate or Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Recent, related experience working with people with mental illness and/or substance use is preferred;
- Group facilitation experience preferred;
- Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles;
- Rapport building with participants;
- Ability to organize and prioritize;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Highly resourceful and excellent problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet;
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a high performing team, and a passion for enabling success by providing exceptional support;
- First-Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset;
- Non-violent crisis intervention, trauma-informed practice, Indigenous cultural competency, suicide alertness training an asset;
- Proof of vaccination from COVID-19 is required.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive wage of $23.27/hr – $26.64/hr
- RRSP matching program
- 6% Vacation Pay (Accrued)
- 12 personal health days per year (prorated for part-time)
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator; [email protected]
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.
Leave a Reply