CMHA Kelowna is hiring a full-time Youth MHSU Clinical Coordinator to join the Foundry Kelowna team. This role is 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
WHO IS A YOUTH MHSU CLINICAL COORDINATOR?
The Youth MHSU Clinical Coordinator works with the Foundry Kelowna team to organize clinical placements for UBC-O MSW students, schedule Access/Walk-in Counselling, and provide clinical guidance, leadership and support to staff/students. The Youth MHSU Clinical Coordinator also provides direct client service including assessment and walk-in counselling for youth and/or families.
WHAT DOES THE YOUTH MHSU CLINICAL COORDINATOR DO?
- Schedule training, supervision, and workflow of students;
- Support the educational goals of students and the MSW program. Communicate with School of Social Work staff/faculty throughout students placements;
- With the support of the Centre Manager, and full-time clinicians, provide performance feedback and evaluation;
- Participate in the recruitment/selection of practicum students;
- Participate in the continuing development of Foundry course at UBC-O; assist in the delivery and co-creation of SFBT material to Foundry course students at UBC-O.
MHSU clinicians/ Walk-in Counselling:
- As needed, comprehensive assessment for clients;
- Oversee daily client flow throughout clinical programs;
- Anchor (Supervise) Walk-in Counselling, including providing intersession support;
- Consult and support delivery of SFBT across all CMHA programs as needed;
- See clients as needed;
- Provide Brief Intervention counselling to clients as appropriate;
- Monitor and support case load allocation;
- Observe student/new staff sessions as necessary.
- Prepare and take lead on team meetings regarding professional development and continued learning;
- Organize community partners/agencies to meet with CMHA Foundry team to provide updates on current programs, referral processes, etc.;
- Support navigation and flow between CMHA programs and key partners including Primary Care, Family Navigation, Youth Peer Support and external partners such as MCFD, IHA. Provide case consultation to clinicians as needed, including crisis intervention;
- Provide supervision to staff as needed, including individual caseloads, group development, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination and navigation of clinical services to youth in housing sites across CMHA;
- As needed assessment, care planning and providing interventions to support youth within CMHA housing sites;
- As needed outreach into housing sites for direct provision of care;
- Oversight into student placement at CMHA housing sites and coordination of clinical supervision.
- Liaise with community agencies for better service pathways (parole officers, hospital, schools, etc.);
- Under the direction of the Centre Manager and within the scope of the strategic and clinical direction of CMHA Kelowna contribute to ongoing coordination of the development, and provision of clinical services and programs;
- Contribute to the development and ongoing revision of clinical policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to attending by phone or in person provincial, and local clinical working group meetings.
YOUR STRENGTHS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing or Social Sciences/Services;
- Hold a registration with a professional association;
- Current First Aid certification;
- Excellent skills in assessment and treatment of young people with mental health problems;
- An ability to effectively problem solve and negotiate especially with young people in the early stages of seeking help;
- Demonstrated clinical skills in working with young people and their families/caregivers with mental health issues in an early intervention framework;
- A thorough understanding of the mental health and broader service system;
- Demonstrated skills in supporting and leading clinical discussions and supporting professional growth of individuals and teams;
- Demonstrated experience in providing mental health assessments, psycho-education and short term interventions to young people experiencing mental health difficulties;
- Experience in service improvement/development activities;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and some ambiguity;
- Interest in and ability to mentor students as a practicum advisor.
To apply for this exciting role, please forward a cover letter and resume to John West, Human Resources Coordinator, at [email protected] by May 10, 2021.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.