JUMP TO SECTION: CMHA Kelowna | Foundry Kelowna | CMHA BC Division |
By CMHA Kelowna Staff (Last updated: July 27, 2020 at 11:00am PT)
Like you, we are adapting to this continually evolving situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19. As always, we remain committed to the health and safety of those who use our services, our staff and our volunteers.
Now more than ever, staying connected to each other is important for our mental health and well-being. We can all work together to continue to find new ways to help build connection with those closest to you and the community as a whole. #CreatingConnection – for you, for all of us. For our mental health.
At CMHA Kelowna we are working hard at creating innovative ways to be there for anyone who needs help and support right now. Below you will find the latest information on all of our CMHA Kelowna programs and services and how we are connecting with those that need help and support.
CMHA Kelowna (504 Sutherland Ave.)
Our main office is open for phone (250-861-3644) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) inquiries Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
WELLNESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (WDC) Join our Wellness Team for opportunities to stay connected!
Monday 11-noon – Virtual Art Class
Tuesday & Wednesday noon-2pm – Share in positive stories, light conversation, and some good fun in an open, relaxed, and welcoming setting – online or over the phone!
Wednesday 11am – Virtual Yoga Class
Ways to join in:
- Online: open your web browser and go to zoom.us. Along the top of that web page, click the link called “join a meeting”. Enter the meeting ID then follow the instructions to install Zoom app. If you have downloaded Zoom app already (computer, mobile), just open that app and join meeting with ID and password: Zoom meeting ID: 2508613644 | Zoom password: 2508613644
- By phone: 1-778-907-2071 (enter meeting ID, #, then the password when prompted)
*NEW – WDC OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES*
The WDC is happy to be offering in person activities out in the community.
Click here to read a message from the team >
August Schedule – Thursdays 12-2pm
|Thursday August 6th||Kinsmen Park|
|Thursday August 13th||Ben Lee Park|
|Thursday August 20th||Mission Creek Park|
|Thursday August 27th||Kinsmen Park|
Come a bit early and start with some yoga 11:30 – 12:15, each of the dates and locations above.
*Note – Anyone participating in our outdoor activities we be required to sign a waiver. These forms will be available at each of our activities, to view the waiver ahead of time – you can click here>
Our fantastic food preparation team of Mandy and Patricia is busy making meals for our housing residents and WDC participants. We are also collaborating with local chefs Ross Derrick and Adam Relvas to provide nutritious and hearty meals to our community’s vulnerable population. We are so happy that we are able to prepare and deliver thousands of meals each week to those in our community who are in need – all while playing a small part in supporting the local business community.
Peer Support is providing support online and over the phone: Monday 1:00pm-3:00pm & Wednesday 4:00pm-6:00pm. If you have questions about our Peer Support Program you can email email@example.com
Discovery College is providing several sessions through our Coping with Current Events series of free webinars. Click each link to find out more information and to register.
The Thoughtfull team is offering many of their workshops as e-learning opportunities. They are also available to consult on mental health strategies in the short- and long-term. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Foundry Kelowna (101- 1815 Kirschner Rd.)
Foundry Kelowna is offering appointments virtually, over the phone or in person with our Nurse Practitioner as well as first-time and follow-up mental health counselling sessions. To make an appointment simply call our office and we will work with you to find the best option for you to get the help you need. We take your safety and that of our staff seriously, to see Foundry Kelowna’s WorkSafeBC COVID-19 Safety Plan please click here >
- Foundry, Friends & Freezies (Thursdays 1:30-3:30pm PT)– Foundry is running a summer social group: an opportunity for young people (aged 12-24) to connect in a meaningful way socially. Meet new people, share your thoughts and enjoy the fresh air in a socially distanced outdoor setting. Freezies and water bottles will be provided.
- Gentle Yoga (Thursdays at 1pm PT)– Join Caroldean Jude, yoga teacher at Foundry since January 2018, for this gentle, all levels live class (for youth aged 12-24) and practice in your home!
- TransMission (Last Monday of every month at 7pm PT – Open to all youth (ages 12-24) in the Kelowna area who identify as trans, nonbinary, or gender fluid.
- What Really Works? (A Mental Health Podcast for Young People)– In “What Really Works?” hosts Beki and Olivia talk all about mental health and how each of us can support our well-being in a down-to-earth and practical way. They remove the ‘clinical’ jargon and just chat honestly about our experiences and what they’ve found to work.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Foundry Kelowna does not provide emergency or crisis services. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or a medical emergency, please call 911, or go to the ER.
CMHA British Columbia Division (Tools & Tips)
In this spirit of resilience, the Canadian Mental Health Association across BC is proud to offer expanded supports during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis with generous funding from the Province of B.C.