CMHA Kelowna is the leader and champion for mental health, facilitating access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness. By offering community-based mental health education, services, and supports for children, youth, adults and seniors, CMHA Kelowna contributes to the long-term health and wellbeing of our communities.
The work we do is both inspiring and challenging. Our employees are saving lives every day.
We are actively searching for a Manager of People & Culture to join our team who is ready to make a difference in pursuing a mentally healthy community.
The Manager of People and Culture is the go-to person for ensuring our candidate and employee experiences are best in class. They are responsible for providing coaching, advising, and HR generalist support to all levels of the organization in the day-to-day operations of job design, recruitment, retention, onboarding, performance management, compliance and development. This person will also be responsible for leaves management and may also assist with workplace investigations.
Reporting to the Director of People, Culture & Engagement, the Manager of People & Culture provides operational HR leadership to internal leaders while ensuring an outstanding employee experience for all, at every stage of the employee life cycle. The Manager of People & Culture will supervise the Coordinator of People & Culture and will work closely with the Education and Training Manager to ensure our training initiatives align with organizational needs and support employee retention and succession planning.
- Develop People & Culture processes that contribute to our Organization thriving:
- Advise CMHA Kelowna leaders on HR best practices and lead the HR function
- Guide the employee life cycle from attraction, selection, onboarding, offboarding
- Participate in inquiries related to employee complaints, misconduct, and respectful workplace concerns and advise where appropriate
- Oversee performance management and supervisory support functions through the offering and sourcing of ongoing coaching
- Liaise with the Education and Training Manager to ensure timely, relevant training for our employees
- Mentor, guide, and coach employees to develop a solution focused approach
- Lead communication across all departments and employees about key HR programs, policies & initiatives
- Drive a culture of engagement, health & wellness:
- Oversee and ensure compliance with CMHA Kelowna’s Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures including operationalizing Psychological Health and Safety Standard policies and practices
- Work closely with and guide alignment with the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Lead employee engagement and retention initiatives in partnership with CMHA Kelowna leaders
- Champion change and process improvement within the People & Culture function and CMHA Kelowna:
- Promote excellence in non-profit administration, governance, data management, and quality assurance
- Identify and address opportunities to improve processes in HR Administration across the organization
- Utilize data and HR metrics to inform strategic HR initiatives
- Model a people-first, growth mindset
Qualifications and Attributes we are looking for:
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation (preferred)
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Experience in previous HR Manager or Generalist role
- Experience working in a non-profit environment (preferred)
- Experience with creating policy and process documentation
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft suite
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. To learn more, check out our website at www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU:
- A competitive annual wage of $68,860 – $96,404
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Vacation & Personal Health Days
- A workplace culture that fosters learning, transparency, trust and team work
To apply for this opportunity, please click here
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.