Mental Health in the Workplace
With most adults spending more of their working hours at work than anywhere else, addressing issues of mental health at work is vitally important for all people in Canada. However, the total cost from mental health problems to the Canadian economy exceed $50 billion annually.
When you invest in the health and well-being of all your employees to increase capacity, enhance productivity and strengthen the mental health of all.
3 Things You Can do and Extra Resources to Follow
#1. Identify Your Own Values, Goals, and Areas for Improvement:
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Guarding Minds @ Work
- 13 Psychosocial Factors for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Mental Health at Work (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety)
- My Workplace Health
#2. Strengthen Your Home / Office Work Environment and Culture:
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health (Great-West Life Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace)
- Bounce Back
- Here to Help BC
#3. Develop a Good Corporate Social Responsibility Plan:
- Subscribe to CMHA Kelowna’s E-Newsletter
- Raise funds for CMHA Kelowna!