CMHA Kelowna is hiring a full-time Outreach Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Clinician to join the Foundry Kelowna team. The full-time role is 35 hours per week, with a typical work week of Monday to Friday 12pm-7pm.
WHO IS AN OUTREACH MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN?
The Mental Health and Substance Use Clinician provides clinical counseling, assessment and care planning and support to young people that access Foundry Kelowna. This position will be based on the mobile unit, Foundry Wellness on Wheels, out in the community in a team based environment.
WHAT DOES THE OUTREACH MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN DO?
- The Outreach Mental Health and Substance Use Clinician uses a single session approach to support youth through the provision of Solution Focused Brief Therapy;
- Sharing the responsibilities of driving the Foundry Wellness on Wheels, mobile unit, between West Kelowna, West Bank and Lake Country.
- The role facilitates access to appropriate services as indicated by assessment and care planning processes;
- Carries a case load to support youth using brief and short term interventions;
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates therapeutic groups;
- Includes direct service to the youth and young adults as well as consultation;
- Support to other professionals, agencies and members of the community engaged in the young person’s care;
- Working with the Foundry Kelowna Centre Lead and Clinical Coordinator, the Clinician will also provide mentoring and support of other Foundry team members and practicum students;
- Participate in relevant intake service improvement projects such as implementing a stepped care model;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Counselling Psych, or equivalent related Behavioural/Social Sciences/Services
- Class V BC Driver’s License is required;
- Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Record Check in the Vulnerable Sector is required;
- Excellent skills in assessment and treatment of young people with mental health challenges;
- Knowledgeable skills in various counselling modalities;
- An ability to effectively problem solve and negotiate especially with young people in the early stages of seeking help;
- Demonstrated clinical skills in working with young people and their families/caregivers with mental health and substance use concerns in an early intervention framework;
- A thorough understanding of the mental health, substance use and broader service system;
- Demonstrated experience in providing mental health assessments, psycho-education and short term interventions to young people experiencing mental health difficulties;
- Ability to apply harm reduction approaches to support youth and young adults;
- Experience in service improvement/development activities;
- Attention to detail;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and some ambiguity.
- Current First Aid certification and Naloxone training is considered an asset;
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive hourly wage of $32.49 – $37.37
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 3 weeks vacation
- Personal Health Days
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- CMHA Kelowna empowers our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator @ [email protected]
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.
Leave a Reply