Youth Housing & Services
More than 12% of People Experiencing Homelessness in Kelowna are Young People Under the age of 24
Just as we do with adults, we use the Housing First model so we can support youth to find and maintain housing that is safe, affordable, and appropriate, as well as provide them with supports that focus on wellness and social inclusion. Housing First for Youth (HF4Y) is a youth-specific adaption of the traditional Housing First model.
Below you’ll find two housing services dedicated specifically to youth in our region.
Bright Mindz Youth Housing Initiative
Bright Mindz at Benvoulin - BCNPHA Housing Tour
- Boys and Girls Clubs Okanagan
- The Bridge Youth and Family Services
- ARC Program
- Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society
- Central Okanagan Journey Home Society
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- BC Housing
CMHA Kelowna is tremendously grateful for the generous support of the KGH Foundation Kiwanis Legacy Fund for this initiative.
- Dedicated floor for youth 17 – 24 years old.
- Diverse and specialized supports that are unique to this building include: Mental Health & Substance Use Specialist, Home Support Worker, Youth Housing Worker, Recreation Worker.