Wellness Development Centre
The Wellness Development Centre (WDC) is a place where individuals dealing with mental health issues can connect with others, engage in wellness-based activities, learn and improve mental wellness, and contribute to a vibrant community. A referral from a health professional is required to access the WDC. Please save the .pdf file to your computer, fill in your answers, and then email it back to CMHA Kelowna.
Contact us at [email protected] or call 250-861-3644 if you have any questions.
Many different activities are offered at the WDC to foster recovery, grow community, and build wellness-based skills. The focus is on social connection and belonging, fun and well-being. The WDC is currently providing tea & coffee for a small charge, and free water. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages also.
Activities currently offered:
- Yoga: An in-person class lead by a yoga instructor.
- Art: A hybrid in-person and online class lead by an art instructor.
- Open Studio: Create your own art during open hours.
- Socialization: Have a coffee/tea while chatting with others.
- Skill-building: Our new skill-building hour will involve discussing a wellness topic and practicing some tools to support ourselves.
- Park days: From June – September join us at one of our park outings!
- Community Outings: From October – May join us for a group activity in the community.
- Peer Support groups: see below for more information.
Availability for Art class, Yoga class and community outings (October – May) is limited and sign up is needed. Please contact us at 250-861-3644 to reserve a space in these classes. For a detailed list of events we are offering, click the events calendar button below.
Peer Support Groups
Peer Support aims to break isolation and provide empowerment from people who understand what it’s like to live with mental health challenges. Peer support aims to bring together people with shared experiences to support each other and provide a space where you feel accepted and understood.
Peer Support groups occur weekly on Monday’s 1:00 – 3:00pm & Wednesday’s 4:00 – 6:00pm. You can join in-person at CMHA Kelowna or online and over the phone.
To join online: open your web browser and go to zoom.us. Along the top of that web page, click the link called “join a meeting”. Enter the meeting ID then follow the instructions to install Zoom app. If you have downloaded Zoom app already (computer, mobile), just open that app and join meeting with ID and password: Zoom meeting ID: 2508613644 | Zoom password: 2508613644
To join by phone: 1-778-907-2071 (enter meeting ID, #, then the password when prompted)
If you have questions about our Peer Support Program, please email [email protected]
CMHA Kelowna gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia for our Wellness Programs.