WHO IS AN AFTER HOURS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING LEAD?
The After Hours Supportive Housing Lead will work as part of the CMHA Kelowna Supportive Housing Leadership structure. This person will work in collaboration with existing Supportive Housing leadership to ensure that all 5 Supportive Housing sites (Willowbridge, Heath House, Gordon Place, Ellis Place, McCurdy) are provided with the necessary oversight, guidance, support, and ensure all housing sites are safely and sufficiently staffed. The successful candidate will be the main go to person for Supportive Housing after hours, including weekends and evenings, and ensure seamless oversight, guidance, and support for staff at all of our housing sites.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week) with a schedule that includes after hours weekday and weekend work, including evening hours, with a schedule of Saturday – Wednesday, 5pm-1am.
WHAT DOES THE AFTER HOURS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING LEAD DO?
- Supervise staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback and evaluation, determining training requirements, orienting new staff, and maintaining timekeeping and attendance records as well as resolve staffing issues;
- Responsible to ensure that each site has full staffing levels, including taking the lead on scheduling of emergency shift coverage or unforeseen staffing shortages;
- Liaises with all Supportive Housing Team Leads and Manager to ensure continuity and consistency in program operations over the course of the after hours period;
- Provides on-call support to each housing site when faced with emergent and urgent crisis situations;
- Maintains an on-call schedule to be available to Supportive Housing sites beyond shift times for set periods each month, on a scheduled basis with dates determined by the Supportive Housing Manager;
- Provide a physical presence at all housing sites, providing support, guidance and direction to program staff;
- In the case of lower staffing, assume a tenant support worker service delivery level role at sites, based on need and circumstance, to support in instances of staffing shortages;
- Supports program participants by problem solving in areas such as financial assistance, and identifying appropriate community resources. Provides crisis intervention in situations such as medical emergencies and client disputes;
- Reviews and maintains related documentation, including monthly statistics and data collection;
- Acts as a representative for CMHA Kelowna Supportive Housing with community members impacted by or commenting on the operations of the housing site, ensuring respectful and productive relationships and communication;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in Social Services or related field;
- A minimum of 2 years recent, related experience in management;
- Experience with Supportive Housing;
- Ability to work with marginalized populations;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with participants;
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in participants;
- Ability to supervise;
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- Ability to assist participants with money management;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Class V BC Driver’s License;
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid;
- Naloxone trained
- Other duties as required.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive salary of $49,652.09 – $64,547.71
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 personal health days per year
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- CMHA Kelowna empowers our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator; [email protected]
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.