CMHA Kelowna is hiring a Team Lead for a new Supportive Housing Facility downtown on Ellis St. We anticipate the building will be ready and a staff team will be in place for early October with residents moving in at the beginning of November. This is a permanent, full-time position offering 37.5 hours per week.
WHO IS A SUPPORTIVE HOUSING TEAM LEAD?
The Supportive Housing Team Lead engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees and provides a psychologically healthy and safe workplace. The Team Lead ensures that staff are trained, supported, and guided to achieve the best possible standards of practice. The Team Lead performs administrative duties including program related policy and procedure development and implementation.
WHAT DOES A SUPPORTIVE HOUSING TEAM LEAD DO?
- The Supportive Housing Team Lead will implement programs to meet pre-established goals and objectives, including determining methods of operating and evaluating the program;
- Supervise staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback and evaluation, determining training requirements, orienting new staff, and maintaining timekeeping and attendance records as well as resolve staffing issues;
- Develop and foster a cohesive team environment through regular meetings, activities and ongoing team development;
- Assists in recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as reviewing applications;
- Providing input into the development of interview questions, and participating on interview panels;
- Assist in the preparation of the budget for assigned programs and/or services, monitor and authorize budgeted expenditures, and assist with financial reports and payments;
- Participate in case planning with residents and/or healthcare providers to meet the needs of the participants and advocate for participants by problem solving in areas such as financial assistance and accessing community resources.
- Advocates for participants by problem solving in areas such as financial assistance, accessing community resources, and obtaining volunteer placements. Provides crisis intervention in situations such as medical emergencies and client disputes;
- Reviews and maintains related documentation such as quarterly and annual reports;
- Acts as a liaison with community agencies, and promotes and encourages community involvement in the program;
- Performs public relations and promotion activities such as preparing public relations material and advertisements, liaising with community groups;
- Consults with community groups and professionals to identify trends, needs, and priority health issues. Maintains contact with community groups and volunteer organizations to promote interest, participation, and support for the program;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in Social Services or related field;
- A minimum of 2 years recent, related experience in management;
- Experience with Supportive Housing an asset;
- Ability to work with marginalized populations;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with participants;
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in participants;
- Ability to supervise;
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- Ability to assist participants with money management;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position;
- Class V BC Driver’s License;
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid;
- Other duties as required.
WHO IS CHMA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive wage
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume by September 18, 2020 to John West, HR Coordinator @ email@example.com
CMHA Kelowna is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with disabilities, all persons of colour including Black, First Nations, Indigenous, Inuit, and Metis, and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.