Date: May 21 & 22, 2019 (both days required for certification)
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location: KPMG Offices, 200 – 3200 Richter Street, Kelowna
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) shares the same overall purposes as traditional first aid – to save lives. Created by the Mental Health Commission of Canada and delivered by experienced, professional, and engaging facilitators from CMHA Kelowna, MHFA includes:
- Explanations of mental health, mental illness and mental health problems
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health problems and crisis situations
- Information about effective interventions and treatments
- Ways to access professional help
Cost: $210 includes GST and materials.
Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the course date to receive a refund.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. To learn more, visit the LivingWorks website.
safeTALK teaches participants how to:
• better recognize a person with thoughts of suicide
• connect a person at risk of suicide to resources and supports that can further intervene
• use the simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
Cost: $52.50 includes GST and materials.
Location: Kelowna. Exact address to be confirmed. Registrants will be notified.
Registration deadline: Space in this course is limited. Please register by May 6, 2019.
Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the course date to receive a refund. Please send us an email if you need to withdraw from the course.