This full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday, role oversees the daily operation and smooth functioning of CMHA Kelowna Wellness Programs.
WHO IS A WELLNESS PROGRAMS TEAM LEAD?
The Wellness Programs Team Lead engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees and provides a psychologically healthy and safe workplace. The Team Lead ensures that staff are trained, supported, and guided to achieve the best possible standards of practice. The Team Lead also performs administrative duties including program related policy and procedure development, implementation, and ensure that services are delivered according to existing contractual agreements.
The following programs are currently under the umbrella of CMHA Kelowna Wellness Programs:
- Wellness Development Centre
- Peer Support Services
- Wellness Grants
- Seniors Programming
- Consumer Development Project
WHAT DOES A WELLNESS PROGRAMS TEAM LEAD DO?
- Supervise Wellness Programs staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback and evaluation, determining training requirements, orienting new staff, and maintaining timekeeping and attendance records. Resolve staffing problems, by allocating available resources to enable successful task performance and ensure maximum efficiency;
- Ensure program operational policies and procedures are up to date and implemented;
- Ensure contracted programs adhere to and exceed the funder’s contracted goals and objectives and report on these as required;
- Lead the coordination and integration of CMHA Kelowna Wellness Programs, including the inclusion of People With Lived Experience (PWLE);
- Build and expand upon relationships with community agencies, funders, business and the general community to strengthen and further the work of CMHA Kelowna Wellness Programming;
- Create opportunities for collaboration within the community;
- Coordinate evaluation processes to understand the impact of Wellness Programming and ensure continual improvement;
- Implements and participates in activation, life skills, recreational, and/or social activities designed to meet the needs of program participants, providing demonstrations as required;
- Adapts and modifies established activities to meet the unique needs of participants;
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as statistics, participant files, and honorariums;
- Maintains an inventory of equipment, tools, and materials related to activities.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum diploma in social science or health profession and 3 years recent related experience in community-based program or service development or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 1 year experience managing programs and staff;
- Mental health education and training experience preferred;
- Experience in empowering and advocating for the inclusion of people with lived and living experience;
- Committed to equity, diversity, inclusion & trauma-informed practice;
- Communication and coordination skills required;
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients;
- Ability to supervise;
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- Skilled in de-escalation ;
- Leadership skills;
- First Aid certification, Food Safe and Naloxone training is considered an asset.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. To learn more, check out our website at www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU:
- A competitive annual wage of $49,652.09 -$64,547.71
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- 6% vacation accrual
- Personal Health Days
- A workplace culture that fosters learning, transparency, trust and team work
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Hayley Romanchuk, HR Coordinator; [email protected]
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self-expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.