With most adults spending more of their waking hours at work than anywhere else, addressing issues of mental health at work is vitally important for all people in Canada. However, the total cost from mental health problems to the Canadian economy exceed $50 billion annually.
At CMHA Kelowna, we offer employers and employees information, resources, tools and support to understand the complexities of creating and maintaining a psychologically safe workplace. Our services focus on assessing, training, coaching and teaching that equips the workplace with preventative strategies, facts and information and practical strategies that will enhance your workplace wellness, employees’ wellness and, therefore, improve your bottom line.
When you invest in the health and well-being of all your employees to increase capacity, enhance productivity and strengthen the mental health of all. Here are a few things you can start working on today:
#1. Identify your values, goals, and areas for improvement:
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Guarding Minds @ Work
- 13 Psychosocial Factors for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Mental Health at Work (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety)
- My Workplace Health
#2. Strengthen your work environment and culture:
- CMHA Kelowna Workshops
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health (Great-West Life Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace)
- Bounce Back
- Here to Help BC
#3. Develop a Corporate Social Responsibility Plan:
- Attend CMHA Kelowna’s annual Mentally Healthy Workplace Awards
- Subscribe to CMHA Kelowna’s Workplace E-Newsletter
- Contact Shari Slattery to raise funds for CMHA Kelowna!
|‘Get Up to Standard’ with mental health in your workplace.|