WHO IS A MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT WITH CMHA KELOWNA?
The Medical Office Assistant at our Foundry Kelowna location is a superstar who is so organized and detail oriented, that their pantry at home is Pinterest worthy. Their passion for people and their ability to provide top notch customer service to youth, young adults, and their caregivers shows up in everything they do. They exude compassion, understanding and support. Creating an atmosphere of calm and acceptance is second nature and the ability to embrace whoever walks through those front doors with respect and empathy, is their superpower. They don’t need a cape, but they do need to be an integral and important part of a small and mighty team at the front end of our integrated Health and Social Services Centre for youth and young adults between 12 and 24 years old. This is a 35 hour a week, full time position of awesomeness and we are looking for this unicorn…sound like this is you? Wonderful, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT IS A MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Working within the context of a client-centered inter-professional model of care and reporting to the totally awesome Foundry Kelowna Centre Manager, they will be part of an amazing team, providing a full range of services in the support of youth health. Responsibilities will range from routine to complex and everything in between.
- Maintaining highly confidential records, correspondence and communication;
- Providing clinical support to a range of extraordinary health care professionals;
- Greeting and navigating youth / young adults, parents and caregivers;
- Regular administrative and reception duties: registers patients, answers telephone, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings, data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications, compiles and enters statistical information, records, transcribes, types, drafts, creates, updates all forms of correspondence;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, and equipment;
- Clinical support – escorting to examination/treatment room and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up;
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivers and disposes of supplies, biologicals, materials, and equipment.
YOUR STRENGTHS & EXPERIENCE:
To ensure success in this role our MOA rockstar will have completed a Medical Office Assistant course at a recognized institute, and have a minimum of one year of related experience in a healthcare office or clinic with excellent knowledge of medical terminology. The ability to work collaboratively and to draw from best practices in order to set up new systems, establish procedures and associated documentation are critical. In addition to the above, the Senior MOA will be able to:
- Utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling and electronic mail applications at an intermediate/ninja level;
- Complete tasks under pressure cooker levels with frequent interruptions, be flexible, prioritize work and crush deadlines;
- Exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential matters;
- Not just “maintain” accuracy and attention to detail, but bring it to levels we didn’t even know existed;
- Compose routine correspondence using clear and concise English;
- Thrive in a team environment while also being able to work independently;
- Communicate in a courteous, empathetic and professional manner with the general public, people experiencing mental illness and their family members, funders, volunteers, staff and other community partners;
- Adapt to changing environments and take pride in making a difference within our community;
- Have the capacity to support billing, supply orders and other needs of itinerant staff (including physicians).
WHO IS CHMA…?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. Like what you hear…fantastic, check us out: https://cmhakelowna.org/
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU…
- A competitive wage
- All of the other Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- 12 sick days per year
- RRSP matching program
- A work life balance that actually works with you
- A culture that embodies ‘walk the talk’ form our Leadership Team
- As a non-profit, we definitely do NOT have foosball and free snacks, but what we DO have, is the ability to empower our teams, be a part of something bigger…and learning and growing in an organization that fosters transparency and trust.
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna, that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.